Viswanath Ayurveda Pharmaceuticals was established by late P .K.Viswanathan Vaidyar in 1955,who was hailing from a parambarya Ayurveda family. Since centuries this parambarya Ayurveda family was engaged in holistic traditional ayurveda treatments using their own genuine medicines directly from their production unit. And in the same year, late P.K.Viswanathan Vaidyar expanded the firm by commencing a medical shop and treatment center at Ernakulam.
After its humble beginnings, K.V.Shaji Vaidyar s/o P.K.Viswanathan Vaidyar entered the field along with him. In 1980, when modern concepts of marketing was very much in wanting he (K.V.Shaji Vaidyar) decided to brave his passion to a production unit designed by him. Thus Viswanath Ayurveda Pharmaceuticals evolved as an industry to reckon with.